Wanna Make the Next Tribes Type FPS? Read Here!

Alright well i was thinking when the Torque 3-d Engine is released to the public a Team of People Should Get together and make a game much like Tribes 2

For the New Tribes the Story Board could be as follows

Tribal Dispute - Battle To Corruption

-Short StoryBoard to The Game - You and Several Groups Formed a Colony in the Year 2050. The day is March 23rd and a Commet Is rushing Down on the Planet , As the Comet Strikes Down It Creates an Impact Seperating The Groups into to 4 Sections , Unable to Contact each other they brace the harsh Environments alone as they are the last living Human Kind , Along Side 2 Groups Of BioGenetic Alien-LifeForms. Each of the 4 Sections Has its Own Diverse Enviromental Catsrophies , Ice , Snow , Rain , Hail , Sleet , Heat , Desert are ust the start of there problems. They are alone , and for the past 10 years they have been seperated. But Today is like no other and will go Down As JugdeMent Day , Tribes will Once Again Wage War , With Corruption , Power and Greed Flustering over each one. None Could Be Trusted. Using there Advanced Technologies they can breath the toxic air they live in , With Weapons Like no other , Vehichles that do things Un-Ammaginal , and There Well Guarded Bases its a war like no other.

Hopefully You Enjoyed that. Anyways With the new game we can do Updated Graphics and New Weapons and more. If u want a Preview of a weapon model i sketched on the Thing ill Post it up
thumb_01_digital-shock_.jpg

i can do some more. I thought that would look excellent as the New Proton Blaster.
______________________________________________________________________________________

I am willing to sacrifice some cash to get it started by Buying rights to use the engine and Some Packs for Scripts that you cant right. But not anything more then that. The Game could be paid or Free , and if we dont have at least 1 Map done by the end of the second month of work. We can quit if we havent made progress but i want a team of at least ten before i buy anything.

I can Do Art + 3D Model , If Interested just post below

Comments

• I know weve got lots of talent sitting around this place. We Need The Following

Modeler , Artist , Texture Artist , Scripter , Coder

Already have a buddy that said if i get a team he makes me a website and a Forum board Skin , he just asks that if the game is paid he gets a free copy.
  • No i don't care i will make something better with a Team of More Successful people. Although Acession looks cool and i lost the chance of grabbing Keen as a scripter as i saw him as one on there. i will still hopefully achieve my goal of finding a team.

Currently Looking for -
    (in list form)

1- Scripter
    2- Coder
    3- Lvl Designers
    4- Texture Artists
    5- 3d Modelers
    6- Graphic Artist

We Want 10 - 20 People to join the team.

let it be known i would join there team but its not exactly looking to hot over there so.... lets roll folks we still have tons of talent to gather from this Forum. So Come on and Join!
  • Two words.
    GOOD LUCK

Warning: The views and opinions expressed by Shizuka do not necessarily reflect those held by Shizuka.
  • No i don't care i will make something better with a Team of More Successful people.
    I've tried to show you the light up to this point, but that little jab...well, good luck with your project. rofl.
  • If you don't follow this guide, your game will be a piece of shit:
    http://www.team5150.com/~andrew/blog/2008/02/tribes_1_physics_part_one_over.html

I hope the Ascension guys are following that too, or else you better get them on track, teratos. Because the same applies.
  • No i don't care i will make something better with a Team of More Successful people. Although Acession looks cool and i lost the chance of grabbing Keen as a scripter as i saw him as one on there. i will still hopefully achieve my goal of finding a team.

Currently Looking for -
    (in list form)

1- Scripter
    2- Coder
    3- Lvl Designers
    4- Texture Artists
    5- 3d Modelers
    6- Graphic Artist

We Want 10 - 20 People to join the team.

let it be known i would join there team but its not exactly looking to hot over there so.... lets roll folks we still have tons of talent to gather from this Forum. So Come on and Join!
    If you expect talent, you better be talented yourself. Nobody with real skills is going to bother if you're not technically competent and capable of doing a large portion of the work already. You say you can do art. Congrats. That's a tiny portion of building a successful game. If you have no experience managing a game, and if you can't program, talent will not be interested.

If you want talent, you better expect to pay for it. Talented people are paid well for their skills, and are often completely uninterested in joining a project without some expectation of compensation. A free game managed by someone who has never built a game, or any other large software engineering effort, is unlikely to be successful or profitable.

If you want talent, you better know what the hell you're doing when trying to recruit them. Pissing off the people who are most experienced with the Torque Engine is not the best idea. Choosing Torque in the first place isn't the best idea either; the engine needs a lot of work to be put into play as a production game engine (to the point where you're often better off building your own engine, rather than reworking Torque to a level of usability).

Post your portfolio of successful games, or get your expectations in line with what you can realistically accomplish. You're not going to get a team of a dozen experienced and effective people the way you're going.