TRIBAL WARS Beta Testers needed

edited February 2010 in General Discussion
OMG! they updated the page . http://www.twars.org/blog.php

Comments

• cool, this should be fun
  • Holy crap!

Progress!
  • Wow, that looks much more promising than other Tribes projects that I've seen. I'm excited to see how it goes!
  • Its amazing how one or two guys doing this as a hobbie can conceptualize something so kickass, and yet a whole company that owns the IP cant even come close.
  • This is a mod, not a standalone game.
  • Mods are very popular in multiplayer. In fact, that's what makes PC gaming one of the best ways to game is the mods. You can completely redesign a game how you like.
  • January Update 2010-01-13 5:05:01 (GMT) http://www.twars.org/blog.php
  • Yes but it makes splits the game and each mod has fewer and fewer players.
    You know one of the most popular online games of all time + several others in the top 10 all started off as mods right? They just need to be well made, balanced, and promoted.

Answer: Counter-Strike, Team Fortress (all of them), etc

edit: You even started a CS1.6 thread and still say "mods are not popular in multiplayer" ::)
  • even garrys mod is pretty huge now
  • pretty sure cs1.6 has more players online at any one time than any other game ... in history
  • theres a couple of successful ones yes but compare it to the quadrillions of mp mods that have none or barely any players left playing.

i think robertom has got a point, how many people are gonna get quake wars just to play an mp mod? How many remainging quake wars players are gonna install and play? If it were a standalone indie game it could be put on gametrailers.com and get some real attention but its not, its a mod for an old game and i doubt itll be much easier to advertize it than T2.
    Not trying to talk it down, i hope theres gonna be lots of players and i sure wanna try it.
  • Yes but it makes splits the game and each mod has fewer and fewer players.
    You know one of the most popular online games of all time + several others in the top 10 all started off as mods right? They just need to be well made, balanced, and promoted.

Answer: Counter-Strike, Team Fortress (all of them), etc

edit: You even started a CS1.6 thread and still say "mods are not popular in multiplayer" ::)

Well ,i hope then that this will get as big as other mods...
    Let me rephrase this :
    Mods of not so popular games are not popular in multiplayer
    Half life was and is a great game and of course everyone checked for the latest mods

Last time i checked etqw on gametracker there were 93 servers and 500 players online .This is not that much in comparation with other fps's.

I like this mod beacause the modders actually keep people updated with all this great work and they try to do it every month !
    Bigger community than ours so far :)
  • The Time is Now

The development of the Tribal Wars Mod for Enemy Territory - Quake Wars has been concluded. We're now prepared to accept testers for a brief phase of multi-player testing. We're looking specifically for players who are still actively playing Starsiege Tribes and we've determined that hosting a small Tribes 1 tournament is a fair means of determining who will get entry into the beta test.

APPLY FOR BETA AT http://twars.org/blog.php

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

A copy of Quakewars Enemy Territory

Software requirements Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP/Vista (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
    Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c (included)

Minimum System Requirements
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 2.8 GHz or AMD(R) Athlon(TM) XP 2800+ processor (Pentium 4 3.0GHz or equivalent for Windows Vista)
    Memory: 512MB RAM (768MB for Windows Vista)
    Graphics card: 128MB NVIDIA(R) Geforce(TM) 5700 or ATI(TM) Radeon(TM) 9700 (full list of supported chipsets below)
    Sound card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    Harddisk: 750MB of free hard drive space, plus 200MB for Windows swap file
    Internet: Broadband connection and service required for full gameplay and downloads. Features may change without notice.

SUPPORTED VIDEO CHIPSETS

* NVIDIA GeforceFX Series (5700 or higher, not including 5700LE and 5700VE)
    * NVIDIA Geforce 6 Series (6200 or higher) NVIDIA Geforce 7 Series (7300 or higher)
    * NVIDIA Geforce 8 Series
    * ATI Radeon 9700 or higher
    * ATI Radeon X700 or higher
    * ATI Radeon X1650 or higher
    post copied from http://forum.instantaction.com/smf/index.php?topic=21301.0