Tribes2 Version 2 Rebels2 Server NO BOTS

edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Well if _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ can advertize their server I can advertize my server that I pay to have
Server Rebels 2 ::)
Tribes2 Version2 :o
40 plus CTF maps to choose from
& Rabit, Deathmatch, Hunters and more
game speed a plus :-*

Admins that desire to have good fair games without nonsense
Play or practice any time you like No Bots for now
RB10

Comments

• look, can you tone down the smilies? you're putting me into a... well... >:(
  • Usually bullet points go on the other side of your text
  • Yeah but I think Bran has only advertised his server once. This is like your 9th time.
  • In the ever dwindling community that is tribes 2, there are those who cough up the money and provide a server for everyone to play on.

This is one of those servers.

RB10 has paid for this server and wont accept any money from players who just want to help him. He just wants to get his moneys worth and have fun.

If the man tries 100 times, its to help build the community back up.
    Gone are the days of hundreds of servers and we should all thank anyone who provides theses servers.

V2 makes for a fun time and we regularly have a blast 3v3, the regs are helpful to new players and you cant find that in other servers.

so, sorry if you cant mine disc or ski with zero friction.

Thank You RB10

Carp 8)
  • Just adding to what Carp said. I appreciate RB keeping a V2 server on for us all to play on. V2 is much more fast paced and adds additional fun to the game. Come and try it sometime.

Ravin
  • hmmm, I played around in the server the other night. On DX me and a guy named mt honkey were destroying Rb10 and another guy. Mt honkey held the flag. Rb10 then threatens to kick me out of the server for not capping. That's good admining.

I think ill stick to Branzone for now. Hell I would choose goon's over that crap.
  • Crackerjacker sorry you took it that way you will do better not playing on our server if that's how you feel, Goons may be the place for you.
  • We've already tried V2. We played it just long enough to effortlessly annihilate every player who took it seriously (which was pretty much the minute we started playing it), then decided it was brainless and skilless and went back to playing a real game. Advertise all you want, but we've already given it a shot and made up our minds. You can keep having 6 player games in your server or you can join the rest of us and play Tribes 2. It's up to you, and I wish you well in whichever choice you make. :)
  • edited January 2010
    Kryland sorry you feel that way but I've never seen you on any server whatever the version and it proves to me you're talking through your hat when you make a statement like that.
    We feel all tribes versions are ok and you never see us knocking down other peoples prefs.
    So please stop the negative comments.
    To everyone else just stop by and play on our server before you listen to those negative attitude peeps.
  • Kryland sorry you feel that way but I've never seen you on any server whatever the version and it proves to me you're talking through your hat when you make a statement like that.
    We feel all tribes versions are ok and you never see us knocking down other peoples prefs.
    So please stop the negative comments.
    To everyone else just stop by and play on our server before you listen to those negative attitude peeps.
    A statement like what? It's historical fact that Classic players have joined V2 games (and V2 competition ladders) and out-played everyone there. It's also a fact that a large majority of people who played V2 do not like it and consider it to be "easy mode" compared to every other mod. Seriously, neither you nor I are changing anyone's mind in this thread. Pretty much all Tribes 2 players have played V2 at some point. You can fib all you want and say it's tougher and faster, but everyone's already played it and knows the truth. And they choose not to play it. Sorry man but that's just how it is. :\
  • skiing in version2 is like taking the tf2 scout and giving him a jetpack

i can't even imagine touching the ground with an energy pack in that mod
  • edited January 2010
    It's obvious that the critics have minimal game playing experience and understanding. This post was not intended to open + or - feelings about any game mods so please keep your Os to youself and go back to sleep. We extend a welcome to you to join our server and play some games (if you know how) and have a good time like we do!
  • So you either have supposedly infinite jetpack and skiing in v2 with 6 "worthless" players as opposed to the 18 guys in heavy on each team at goons spamming mortars every map. With server choices like that how can you lose?
  • Branzone is up and running. Classic mod, good players, non-retarded maps. What more could you ask for?
  • admins not bitching about osniping mebbe?
  • First off, I would get rid of the name Rebels.
  • edited January 2010
  • It's obvious that the critics have minimal game playing experience and understanding. This post was not intended to open + or - feelings about any game mods so please keep your Os to youself and go back to sleep. We extend a welcome to you to join our server and play some games (if you know how) and have a good time like we do!
    You see I was trying to be nice and explaining why people don't play on your server, and you feel the need to attack me personally. So let me be a little less nice. V2 is designed specifically for newbs. If you were around back when it was created (which you weren't, because you are a newb), you could have seen how the mod evolved for yourself. The creator of it was specifically trying to create the easiest gameplay possible so that terrible players who can't cut it in the real game had something they could play and feel like they weren't idiot newbs. Those are the facts. So really, there are only two reasons why someone would choose to play V2 now: you are a terrible newb who can't have fun in games that take skill, or you are so stupid that you actually think V2 is a legitimately skillful mod. In your case I'm pretty sure it's both.
  • Wow Kryland you have things all backwards.
  • We still extend an INVITE to any player who wants to have a good time playing the game. Those who don't like us or the Version 2 please JUST PLAY SOMEPLACE ELSE.
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    RB10
  • You made us lose our base when you played in the branzone server earlier. You do not NEED to repair the generators completely, just repair it enough for the base to come back up and then repair the nearest inventory so your teammates can suit up. V2 NEWB. :)
  • Well give him a break, in V2 everything repairs instantly, so there's no need for him to have the intelligence to make a decision how much to repair a certain object before repairing another. Not everyone is good at thinking, Hybrid!
  • edited January 2010
    Great point Kryand, I see you do understand the advantages of Version2 ;D SPEED-MORE SPEED-MOST SPEEDY 8) MOD of any Tribes2 Game. That's the point I've been trying to make and you see when a player from Classic comes to a V2 server he has to adjust to the increased game speed and viseversa thats the only difference.
    OK enough said let's all go out into the community and play on any server we choose and enjoy.
  • Ultra Renegades and Elite Renegades were both faster than V2.
  • I'm gonna see If they can be found and used, We love speed!
  • So you either have supposedly infinite jetpack and skiing in v2 with 6 "worthless" players as opposed to the 18 guys in heavy on each team at goons spamming mortars every map. With server choices like that how can you lose?
    LMAO Blakhhart thats both funny and truely sad at the same time.
  • I have been a newb on this game for the last 10 years.
    I have played tons of mods, all of them have something to offer, and all of them have something that holds them back.
    If you like to play the game, give RB's server a try. If you find people you like to play against
    stay a while. If you don't, that should be ok too.
    We don't need to lose a single T2 player. There are too few of us left.
  • Oh, oh. Get Warlovr to show up in your server, smurfless, unmasked, roaming around for us to pick off...

then we'll talk.
  • I'll ask him, lol
  • I also want to add my thanks to RB for running a great server. I hope that we can all continue to enjoy playing there for a long time yet.

There is no conflict between classic and V2, nor is one better than the other. I prefer V2, and no, Kryand, I'm not a newb. I've been playing since T1. I play classic and V2 but given a choice I will always go for a V2 game, regardless of the number of players.

For me, V2 is more fun. I prefer the faster pace. I don't know who started the notion it's easier, because that's just illogical nonsense. Yes, energy recovery is faster, but it's faster for *everyone*. There's a zero net advantage for any one player. Same goes for all the various tweaks in the mod. Running across an inventory is more enjoyable than standing in one, waiting for a loadout. Doesn't make the game any easier though.

I'm not bashing classic, if ya like it, play it. I'll leave the criticism of other people's preferences to those who are too ignorant to know better. And I'll take those six-player games on RB's server any day, especially when the regulars there are among the best I've seen, as players and as all-round nice people. Everyone has their frustrated moments now and then, but the prevailing attitude on Rebels 2 is positive and helpful, and a lot of fun. Which in the end is all that matters. So thanks again, RB, keep up the good work.

kabal
This discussion has been closed.