Keep Server or NOT ?

edited March 2010 in General Discussion
Well here goes ;D I run the # Rebels 2 server and we're just not getting many players. It's a good smooth running machine and when players are on all works well ::). My question is Should I keep on paying $ each month for so few humans to play ?

RESULTS; YES 3, NO 5, Comments 12
What to do :'(

Comments

• It's your money. I would never pay for a T2 server from a hosting company, let alone one that's always empty.
  • Do you have any other games you like? Why not try changing focus and hosting other games?
  • if you have fun in it when you do play in it, keep it, if not, pitch it

just because a server has 40 ppl in it doesnt mean theres a good game going on
  • It's your money. I would never pay for a T2 server from a hosting company, let alone one that's always empty.

I agree with Kryand.
  • As a community member, I suggest you take it down. The economy is bad, use it for better things. Such as sending it to me, that just a suggestion, but whatever.
  • ill go against the odds and say yes
  • Host a Bones server ? I was messing around the other day and hosted one from my home and not even 10 minutes later I had like 50 people show up more like 3 but it's the thought that counts . ADF bones rules over all other one on one dogfight t2 mods . Oh how people have tried and tried to make others but some times the simple things that was the most fun back in the day will always dominate the past thoughts of retired T2 players .
  • I did even know there were any other dogfight T2 mods.
  • edited March 2010
    You should convert it into a Iron Sphere server.
  • I say keep it. I love playing on that server, its fun, fast and most all smooth. I understand RB why you want to let it go when looking at the amount of users. Just hate to see another one go!!

Ravin
  • Wow over 300 lookers and only 13 replied? Can we do better?
  • as long as your having fun and its not causing you a money bind keep it.After all your the one paying for it right.
  • I agree with Blakhart, it is fun, and you enjoy it when there are a few people on. More people doesn't always equal more fun. Keep it.
  • I say.. Peanuts!!
  • If I were you I'd remove bots. Personally, I find awful playing with them. I never join server with bots (duel servers excluded)...

Remove bots and try to push it hosting some small ladders! :)

I'm sorry if I talk only with short sentences but my english is not very good! :)
  • Do not worry about your English.

You speak better English than many of the native English speakers here.
  • If I were you I'd remove bots. Personally, I find awful playing with them. I never join server with bots (duel servers excluded)...

Remove bots and try to push it hosting some small ladders! :)

That is fine because teratos can only comprehend things in short sentences.

I'm sorry if I talk only with short sentences but my english is not very good! :)
  • I vote YES!

The problem is one of marketing. Offer it up for matches any chance you can, skim the TWL ladder and make offers to upcoming teams.

We need a good alternative to Goons (no h8 for Goons...but a match with 50 players isn't fun and lags...and wtf with mortar turrets?)

Get a good map rotation going.
    Remove bots.
    Make sure it's classic.
    Add Arena for classic(WITHOUT MINES).
    Add Duel for classic.
    Get rid of all the other mods.
    Make it 30 players max (good 15v15 action at the most & may save you $$$).
    Get GOOD Admins.
    DISABLE MORTAR TURRETS (this may net you the most favor of all).

Just my 0.02
  • Bump, important question, who hosts your server?

2: YES!
  • FYI, Branzone Owns the Server I rent it from them.