XP or Vista? Other?

Hey guys, I'm a Mac guy and have had marginal success with TN Rc1 and crossover games in the past, but I'm going to be installing boot camp within the next week or two and am wondering what version of windows I should install that will best run T2. Thanks for any suggestions

P.S. Probably a stupid question but will I need to make a new account or should everything be fine if I just log in on my old TN name on windows?

-Spencer

Comments

• Thanks for the fast reply, so would SP3 be a bad idea? Why SP2? Just want to understand the issue before I dive in.
  • Your existing TN account should work if you log in. Have you tried the experimental Linux RC2 patch under Crossover (if RC1 works, this experimental version should too)? The topic is stickied at the top of the support forum.

In any case, either version of Windows should work fine in Bootcamp.
  • I have tried the experimental version to no avail. I'm tired of workarounds and just want the game to work at this point so I'll go will xp. See you guys online
  • Vista is supposed to have better security improvements over XP. And there are guides on the Internet how to optimize Vista, like take out all the stupid applications that ruin your speed.

And is it just me or do you get less UE's with Vista? I get them once in a while, but on XP I had them several times a day.

But I will agree with Robert. The game was designed for XP so I would recommend XP.

Also, Robert can you keep an avatar/signature for more than a week?
  • The game was designed for XP so I would recommend XP.

Wasn't the game designed for 98?
  • The game was designed for XP so I would recommend XP.

Wasn't the game designed for 98?

idk :o
  • 98/me and nt