Further back 3rd person script

i love it when you observe someone,its far back, not too close unlike the STUPID 3RD PERSON! i am looking for a script that makes when you go into 3rd person you arent too close, you should see as far back from your body as an observer! i want this so bad! although i want non-blurry bot skins so much I CANT EVEN COMPREHEND IT!!

Comments

• come on, is tribesnext forums dead?
    It's not dead, it just that a lot of people here have jobs or school and other things to do.... patience is a virtue. People will answer when they have time.
    although i want non-blurry bot skins so much I CANT EVEN COMPREHEND IT!!
    With the way the Tribes 2 engine is implemented, this is almost impossible to fix without upgrading the under lying engine. There are 'hi-res' skins but they don't look much different.
    i love it when you observe someone,its far back, not too close unlike the STUPID 3RD PERSON! i am looking for a script that makes when you go into 3rd person you arent too close, you should see as far back from your body as an observer! i want this so bad!
    There might be a script... check chaingunned.org
  • when i was talking about bot skins i meant the actual file. botskins.zip i saw on another forum was the only way you could get them and they were more blurry than the originals so i just ripped them myself, they look like the original bots i can only find infernobot though o well
    It's not dead, it just that a lot of people here have jobs or school and other things to do.... patience is a virtue. People will answer when they have time.
    although i want non-blurry bot skins so much I CANT EVEN COMPREHEND IT!!
    With the way the Tribes 2 engine is implemented, this is almost impossible to fix without upgrading the under lying engine. There are 'hi-res' skins but they don't look much different.
    i love it when you observe someone,its far back, not too close unlike the STUPID 3RD PERSON! i am looking for a script that makes when you go into 3rd person you arent too close, you should see as far back from your body as an observer! i want this so bad!
    There might be a script... check chaingunned.org
    script? i dont really know where it would be/what it would be called
  • It's been awhile since I wrote it, but CamDistanceHud.cs from here is probably what you're looking for.
  • im not really a scripter, where do i put this and did you already edit the distance similar to observer mode??
  • Drop the .cs into base/scripts/autoexec, bind a key in Options, then use that key ingame to pull up the HUD that lets you adjust distance with a slider.
  • no hud. if i hold it down all i see is a 'distance' in the top left corner of my screen! i cant get my mouse free and nothing like the admin hud pops up, ive tried various buttons trying to move it but nothing will work
  • When you see "Distance" you use the mousewheel to change the chasecam value. Higher values make the camera transform update less frequently. Set it to 50 and your player can turn more without the camera changing as quickly.

How far you are behind yourself in 3rd person is defined by FOV. You can't set that any higher than 120, but you might not be playing at that (default of 90) unless you've changed it with a script (it really doesn't "stick" without one).
  • Nope.

If i use the mousewheel while it has that thing up it only switches my weapons o.o it doesent change anything
  • Sounds like a script conflict, as it works fine for me. I don't think changing the chasecam value is what you're after though.
  • i dont have any scripts as far as i know except the one you gave me.
  • edited December 2011
    It's been awhile since I wrote it, but CamDistanceHud.cs from here is probably what you're looking for.

Wow look it's LouCypher!

It sounds more like he has mousewheel bound to switch weapon (the default) -- i suggest binding the keys to your script to keyboard keys such as up arrow and down arrow or numpad + and numpad -
  • never mind...ill just unbind the scrolling mouse until i set my FOV and ill put it back :D
  • ok, apparently it wont change even if my mouse wheel isnt binded and im holding down the key that makes the menu come up :/ (i use minus- key if that matters?)