Timed out session error

Hi,
I began posting to the forum once again after a long time, but for some reason almost every time I am trying to post, I receive a
"Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message." - error.

The only way to post was to delete cookies/active logins (firefox - did not worked in chrome), and try to post again. But it's a bit annoying. What could be the problem?

Comments

• Hi,
    I began posting to the forum once again after a long time, but for some reason almost every time I am trying to post, I receive a
    "Your session timed out while posting. Please try to re-submit your message." - error.

The only way to post was to delete cookies/active logins (firefox - did not worked in chrome), and try to post again. But it's a bit annoying. What could be the problem?

I've had the same problem but it's been on and off, pretty variable. It has been working fine for a while now and I'm under Chrome.
  • I, too, do not know how to fix this error. I've run across it occasionally, however, only whilst my internet connection is fluxing. I also use Google Chrome.
  • Guessing it's the tight security this website deserves.
  • This is such a pain in the ass, I can no longer send any PM's and sometimes I can't even post replies, and I still get the "your session has timed out" message.

I did everything I could to stop this from happening, even reinstalling my operating system did not work, or clearing cookies, and I think even posting from a mobile doesn't work if I remember correctly.

What can be done to fix it? I can't even start a topic now because of this error, and it's been like this for almost a year.

Me, too, dude. Posting from Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer instead of Google Chrome. I've tried everything Thyth has suggested to no end. :(
  • I thought we fixed this issue last time it came up -- apparently not. I suspect it's a 32-bit date roll over with a 25 year sign-in cookie.

I think in the interim, you should be OK if you don't keep a permanently logged in session (uncheck "keep me logged in").
  • Well, Thyth, for the first time in over a year, I can now post from Google Chrome. :)

-rJay
  • edited January 2014
    They're actually 6 year cookies, but there were some session settings in the forum configuration causing the sessions to be handled a bit haphazardly. It's not exactly the greatest forum software in the world (although I've only encountered session issues myself once or twice), and wasn't my first choice to use.

I changed the settings again a few weeks ago, so it should in theory be working correctly if cookies are cleared out and logged in again.