Petition: Help is requested by Thyth to get Clans and Tags back!

2»

Comments

• or by the t2 web stats website is another way
  • great news DX and thanks for all your efforts and if there is anything I can do, please let me know@

not enless darkDragonDX finishes it before then

I'm waiting on Thyth to look into the broken EMail which seems to be an issue on his side. The server also returns a not implemented error when attempting to set your warrior profile picture but it works for clans. There's also a bug that I still have to nail down that involves the buddy list, but beyond that there doesn't seem to be much I can do until the EMail issue is looked into since the Email system is how you'd accept tribe invitations anyhow.
  • great news DX and thanks for all your efforts and if there is anything I can do, please let me know@

not enless darkDragonDX finishes it before then

I'm waiting on Thyth to look into the broken EMail which seems to be an issue on his side. The server also returns a not implemented error when attempting to set your warrior profile picture but it works for clans. There's also a bug that I still have to nail down that involves the buddy list, but beyond that there doesn't seem to be much I can do until the EMail issue is looked into since the Email system is how you'd accept tribe invitations anyhow.

There wasn't much to do but merge it with the existing T2csri.vl2 to produce a standalone one, modify some of the scripts to make sure everything occurs in the proper order regardless of the time it took (some of it was based on schedules, a bit unreliable) and to activate the Browser and EMail tabs when everything is primed. After we know a bit more about the EMail troubles then there's some work left to allow tribe invitations to work.
  • and some possible GUI fixing so then everything matches in color and scheme
  • and some possible GUI fixing so then everything matches in color and scheme

Everything does match. It uses the original EMail and browser UI's in the game.
  • This isn't some separate sign-up website. It uses your T2 account and unless someone updates the T2 in-game client it's your only point and click option. Anyway, it has seen enough interest to justify the few hours it took to put it up.

I'm not sure what a .net app would offer? Better security?

I think unless you are working on the in-game client you're wasting time.
    What the meaning behind my post was that players are only going to want to deal 100% in-game.
  • it is looking good in game, just seeing some tags and everyone wanting to know how and where :D

I agree, it needs to be in game,too, as it was originally is maybe best, though the neat part about is being able to do externally from web browser, as well...as optional way is really sweet..
    This isn't some separate sign-up website. It uses your T2 account and unless someone updates the T2 in-game client it's your only point and click option. Anyway, it has seen enough interest to justify the few hours it took to put it up.

I'm not sure what a .net app would offer? Better security?

I think unless you are working on the in-game client you're wasting time.
    What the meaning behind my post was that players are only going to want to deal 100% in-game.
  • it is looking good in game, just seeing some tags and everyone wanting to know how and where :D

I agree, it needs to be in game,too, as it was originally is maybe best, though the neat part about is being able to do externally from web browser, as well...as optional way is really sweet..
    Oh, I absolutely think that the capability of looking on a website and viewing information would be cool too. I just was curious if the user could 100% handle things in-game, or if a mandatory part of the process was using the web browser at some point to get access to the features.

So let me get this straight now: The browser and email (T-Mail) portions of the game were implemented and do not 100% require a sign-up, the Tribes can be handled using your username with a user account signup (?), and basically everything is almost done.

Let me know if you all need my help with anything. I don't have much experience with Torque, or Ruby. I do have Java somewhat under my belt and C#, so I can still determine what issues can arise in the scripts.
  • I'd like to point out that it seems any efforts I have provided and was going to provide seems to be in vein. Since it seems nobody wants the ingame browser, as it seems in the Last Gasp IRC where pretty much all of the community is now.
  • So let me get this straight now: The browser and email (T-Mail) portions of the game were implemented and do not 100% require a sign-up, the Tribes can be handled using your username with a user account signup (?), and basically everything is almost done.

Let me know if you all need my help with anything. I don't have much experience with Torque, or Ruby. I do have Java somewhat under my belt and C#, so I can still determine what issues can arise in the scripts.
    Tribes 2 / Tribes Next has a user account and password (as it always has).
    The community features (player profiles, tribe profiles, tribe administration, player administration) use this account/password.
    The online browser is just a point & click interface to the actual system - it uses the Tribes 2 account.

So there is no second account or sign-up.
  • I'd like to point out that it seems any efforts I have provided and was going to provide seems to be in vein. Since it seems nobody wants the ingame browser, as it seems in the Last Gasp IRC where pretty much all of the community is now.

Not in vain at all. There are many old skool players who would love to see the in game tmail and clan systems again, not to mention these tools would assist in any revival of the game.

The few in IRC are not representative of everyone.

Not in vain at all. There are many old skool players who would love to see the in game tmail and clan systems again, not to mention these tools would assist in any revival of the game.

The few in IRC are not representative of everyone.

I realize. It's however discouraging as a developer to be simply shot down like that because I'm "only a random lurker". It only reminded me of how much of an intelligence gap there is and why I stay away from most people. But whatever, it doesn't seem like it would take much work to finish anyway once the TMail issue is resolved.
  • Don't be so sensitive. slush half-trolling is hardly reason to ragequit.
    Slush is on this thread??

>Kick slush!

You were there. It was more than just that guy. I have little patience for idiocy; I've put up with that type of person far too much in the past as a kid to ever be able to simply let it slide past when completely blindsided like that as I had no idea who in the room was to be ignored or listened to. Still, I may as well finish what I started ... which as I keep saying, is waiting on Thyth about the TMail system.

And you consider leaving a hostile situation the bigger person a rage quit? I don't have to linger around those types of people to potentially troll at any later time. I know about my potentially hostile nature if poked enough due to the aforementioned reason above which would only feed into their trolling more. It was better that I simply left, and now I know what to expect so it is no longer an issue; I was even playing in the SCP server later that day for a few rounds.
    and why I stay away from most people.

You try poking in some place for the first time, get attacked like that and respond well to it.
  • I think for your own benefit you would enjoy life more if you took that sort of thing less seriously. Understand from their perspective saying "lol u r dumb" isn't a serious thing. Just a form of entertainment.
  • I think for your own benefit you would enjoy life more if you took that sort of thing less seriously. Understand from their perspective saying "lol u r dumb" isn't a serious thing. Just a form of entertainment.

As I said, I know what to expect now. It was more or less just not knowing who in there was going to behave as such.

I would like in Browser, the way it was when we all purchased it and have the IRC channels set up where lastgasp is main channel, with tmail/pm system to accept invites... I downloaded offline tmail script yesterday and looked at it, and tried to see what it did, as I was thinking it would send email out or something as an option, though it was just what it said, offline viewer of tmail, far as I could tell and no help.

The invite request option to join clan and notifications one has been invited, that is tied to an optional email notification, i.e, add option table field for email address to be send out and email, notification of a PM/Tmail, so one does not need to go to browser TN websites or load game to know they have mail.

This would be optional notification system and only if player enters email addy, and/or toggle it on, same as standard PM system function.

This would be good for sending out general announcements and news, that reaches those who may not be active and get their attention more of things, optional news announcements toggle, as I see the download page and news page already was created for TN browser in game.. and a simple push notification system could be our rallying cry, where say server reaches 20 players or other like tourney action, those who subscribe would get it sent to their phone or other device via the TN API and they know it is time to roll and get in game... optional of course for the hardcore players who do not want to miss a minute.

Anyways Liukcario, thank you very much for your effort and if you need me to help with anything, please do not hesitate to let me know how and what
  • Development time should be funded by the players. I would contribute.