TribesNext Profile and Clan API [BETA]

Comments

• What I'm calling 1.0 because it exposes web GUI to all of Thyth's calls.
    https://gitorious.org/t2advstats/t2advstats/
    This is my first experience with JSON and it has been a few years since I've done much of any PHP. Probably some things I'd do differently if I restarted now, but it is good enough.

I will probably polish up what is there and may go into some of the requested extras, but I may just leave it like it is today. Most people seem to have all the features they need/want. Still open to suggestions and looking forward to the in-game version.
  • Any reason that this isn't on github (or some other git collab site)? Would love to contribute (and get back into this game).
    It will be soon. I've committed to my local repo. I just haven't pushed yet.

Waiting on Thyth to create the repo, as well.

thx DX
    This is my first experience with JSON and it has been a few years since I've done much of any PHP. Probably some things I'd do differently if I restarted now, but it is good enough.

I will probably polish up what is there and may go into some of the requested extras, but I may just leave it like it is today. Most people seem to have all the features they need/want. Still open to suggestions and looking forward to the in-game version.

thx T
  • Any reason that this isn't on github (or some other git collab site)? Would love to contribute (and get back into this game).
    It will be soon. I've committed to my local repo. I just haven't pushed yet.

Awesome.
  • I have attached the stripped down version of it and should be able to run in any directory.

The two files required are included, so links will work for those.

Cleaned up a few PHP notices and made few minor changes to style sheet and elements.

For an example of it in action:

http://star.is-great.net/

Will work on updating this to keep up with Teratos' Master release, and a special thanks to Thyth and Teratos for making this happen.

If you notice any bugs or anything, you can pm me here or contact via the feedback button the website here http://star.is-great.net/

Side note, is since tags and clans are back now, there is a invite request button on our clan website to join us and a list of those that have been invited.

Thanks for this.

I too am looking forward to the in game version.

Once we have the ingame tmail and clan system working we can really focus on a marketing push for the game as the client will have an inbuilt hub which I think will help hold interest.
  • Your website is still broken.
  • I have attached the stripped down version of it and should be able to run in any directory.

The two files required are included, so links will work for those.

Cleaned up a few PHP notices and made few minor changes to style sheet and elements.

For an example of it in action:

http://star.is-great.net/

Will work on updating this to keep up with Teratos' Master release, and a special thanks to Thyth and Teratos for making this happen.

If you notice any bugs or anything, you can pm me here or contact via the feedback button the website here http://star.is-great.net/

Side note, is since tags and clans are back now, there is a invite request button on our clan website to join us and a list of those that have been invited.
    Why did you reformat everything?
    Makes it hard to diff!
    Also you didn't submit your fixes as merge requests to git!

So some of your changes make sense to me. The changes to header() are wrong.
    You have some spelling issues (index.php) and some naked amps.

I also noticed you removed the security warning link and removed the file containing the security notice which is extremely sketchy!!!!!!

It makes me think you are stealing passwords.
  • I am not stealing any passwords or any thing wrong.

I will add the security notice back to it, so you and everyone else can relax with your false sense of security, by reading it...

Someone who might do it, would be diemonkeys Mick G, who tried to hack into my gmail....not I, not now or ever.

Thanks for your concern and protection of the community T, as I assure you if I ever did have anyone's password, and I do not, that their password would be safe with me, though as far as anyone else, having their password, I cannot speak for them, only myself...

Anyone suggesting I am trying to do anything malicious, is full of shit.

( i just pulled the package and will add the security notice and reload it later today...)

I thought I requested yesterday, by asking you to make a zip of the current version of your master available and I would download and go through line for line commenting the changes... the download link failed on this end and had to cut and paste the code to text editor to get before and it took 30 minutes or so to do..

So if you can package it up, will be more than happy to do anything you want.
  • How is the download link broken? This is gitorious...not some homebrewed website. Download git or TortoiseGit or something and go at it. You should be using git or some other source control for your own code anyway.
  • How is the download link broken? This is gitorious...not some homebrewed website. Download git or TortoiseGit or something and go at it. You should be using git or some other source control for your own code anyway.

ok thanks, you and thyth both over estimate me, as far as my technical skills goes, and intentions...will get on it, thanks again.
  • Spoke with Teratos yesterday about adding a CAPTCHA and he suggested ReCAPTCHA by google.

Anyways I have not quiet figured out how to get with git and all, so posting the basics here and maybe T and others can check over it and see what they think, as the box size needs to be adjusted to fit the layout by Teratos in left column or can be set to open in AJAX.

Here is the updated form code that goes in inc/template.inc

The Key provided is a global key and you can get/use your own, for your website if your prefer.
    The one registered for this example is global and points to global-key@tribes2stats.com
    [code]
  • edited July 2014
    hi guys, sorry to be a nuisance, I wanted to see if there are any updates on the Profile/Clan interface. If not, I wanted to ask what my options are for being able to add a tag to my name through, http://www.tribes2stats.com/browser/.

Unfortunately, from what I have been told by a few people, my username needs to be added to a particular database because it did not exist until after the last tournament (username created in April '14). Please let me know if there is anyone in particular I need to speak with on here or IRC to get added to the database. I am willing to pay a fair price for the effort/time spent.

Thanks,
    Blue Jello
  • hi guys, sorry to be a nuisance, I wanted to see if there are any updates on the Profile/Clan interface. If not, I wanted to ask what my options are for being able to add a tag to my name through, http://www.tribes2stats.com/browser/.

Unfortunately, from what I have been told by a few people, my username needs to be added to a particular database because it did not exist until after the last tournament (username created in April '14). Please let me know if there is anyone in particular I need to speak with on here or IRC to get added to the database. I am willing to pay a fair price for the effort/time spent.

Thanks,
    Blue Jello

my guess is, it takes about 5-30 minutes to do or less...less than an hour, ask Thyth in IRC, he is the only one who can do, and I have asked several times and was told by him, he would do it, when he has time to do it...other than that I have an account I can give you, if you want one that is old enough and synced with ms.
  • Thanks earth, I will reach out to him on IRC... Sadly, no real rush at the moment because my motherboard died on me yesterday, so I won't be able to game until I get that straightened out.
  • always something, been there and done that, take a look on craiglist for used computers, normally some good deals on there, maybe in your in area...
  • edited July 2014
    Found a little time to work on TribesNext stuff.

Accounts generated between September 2013 and now have been copied over to the browser system. The account server is now programmed to automatically keep both systems synchronized whenever a new account is created.

I've put this code into production without running any kind of full test, so, if it's broken, you get to keep both pieces (and let me know on IRC so I can fix it).

Edit: sashimi ran a quick test of account generation and log in via browser. Worked for him. I verified correct database rows generated. Looks like it's all working.
  • Is this in the T2 browser or just web browser stuff?
  • JBT,

I think this is just web browser.

The hold up on the in game GUI is the tmail function, that has a bug, that DxDragon can describe and go into detail about it, that is holding, the in game browser GUI

I just watched a documentary, called "video games" ...on a side note, a worthy watch about the history of gaming.
  • edited August 2014
    I put together a script to check for clients running a new enough version of TribesNext with the mini-browser client created for the tournaments: http://thyth.com/tn/checkver.cs

It's totally untested, but, if you install that script on a T2 server (RC2a+ on server side), it will prevent anyone without RC2 & tournamentNetClient.vl2 from joining for gameplay -- they will be stuck in observer mode. Admins can override this if necessary with the team force join admin option in the server lobby.

There was some preliminary anti-cheat work in RC2 targeting HM2 (causes the game to crash if HM2 is used). By running this script, you can enforce a minimum TribesNext version to the anti-HM2 versions. The HM2 killer isn't that sophisticated, but the kind of script kiddies that run HM2 and complain about how it crashes on cheat forums aren't smart enough to do anything other than downgrade to RC1x versions of TribesNext.

Edit: I should also clarify... you do not need to have a tag on the account for this to work. Just having RC2 and the tournamentNetClient.vl2 is enough.
  • edited August 2014
    Double sweetness!
    Wait, so you have to have the tournamentNetClient.vl2 to get this to work? I'll have to re-add it to my game.

I didn't know there was any HM2 prevention in TribesNext, I thought it was 100% authentication and matchmaking. But hey, you learn something new everyday.

Bookmarking Thyth.com
  • I am a little late to the party on this post, but I wanted to thank you Thyth for your work on this.
  • yes thank you!
  • An updated version of checkver.cs is now available from the link above. Heat Killer had done some tests and helped track down a couple issues.

A version of this script is now live on Snap Crackle Pub, and will eliminate people still running HM2 by reverting to the older patch.
  • I've copied code from the TribesNext SVN repository to Github: https://github.com/TribesNext/t2-scripts

This includes the incomplete in-game GUIs, but is intended for developers, not general users at this time.

Heat has some bandwidth to work on this stuff. I'll be accepting pull requests, and if we end up finishing the browser code, we might cut an RC3 release.
  • I've already had some of my own code (that I've been holding onto for quite some time) contributions that totally enables the mail and tribal browser UI's which appear to work without much issue aside from a few small issues in the tribal browser still.

Probably still needs some formal testing beyond what I did, though.
  • I got a bit bored (and felt like learning AngularJS) and threw together an alternate web-based UI for the community server. You can access it here: http://turkeh.net/browser/. Source is available on github (no guarantee that it's pretty, or good).
  • Glad to see someone using the JSONP capabilities of the API to implement a browser client that runs totally in the user's web browser, instead of reflecting off another server.