Better bots?

edited August 2014 in General Discussion
My brother and I recently installed Tribes 2, we like playing against eachother. We dont have home internet so we play LAN, the only thing is that even with bots it feels like we are playing alone. I found a post on this website with a mod called "Community Patch for AI Support Final by ZOD (Released 2004)" http://www.tribesnext.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0. The link doesn't work and I was wondering if anyone could give me a link to it or other bot AI improvements. ;D

Edit: I'm new here and seemed to have posted it in the wrong place. Sorry :(

Comments

• Hi chipi99,

Regarding your question towards the location of Lagg_Alot's Bot maps, you'll want to head over to Tribal Outpost to download the map you are looking for. Just enter the map's name into the search bar and look for the maps submitted by Lagg_Alot himself.
  • You're in luck, because I love bots you can find some maps specifically for that here:

http://tribes2bots.yzi.me/forum/map-packs/

To not list some links twice, check the forum link in my signature if you want more bot stuff.

They will do a lot of stuff, will drive, have tons of objectives, paths to patrol around the base, and more, check it out if you love playing LAN.
  • Unfortunately, the redesign of Tribal Outpost makes finding Lagg_Alot's maps harder.

Out of the 10 maps Lagg submitted, only Aztec Temple uses his updated 2005 code with better vehicle combat.

Robertom and I have added Aztec Temple's bot support to many of the original maps. Katabatic, one of the most popular stock/base maps now has shrikes and bombers flying around. If you have an i7 CPU, you can play with 64 bots.
  • Katabatic, one of the most popular stock/base maps now has shrikes and bombers flying around.

Too bad T2's core code (that in the executable) doesn't really allow the bots to fly in a decent manner between nodes when piloting vehicles. Still impressive nonetheless.
  • Ok, thanks guys, I'll try them out. One other thing, do I just place them in the Dynamix folder or do I put it in one of the subfolders?
  • Ok, thanks guys, I'll try them out. One other thing, do I just place them in the Dynamix folder or do I put it in one of the subfolders?

.vl2's are generally placed in the GameData\base directory if that is what you are asking. (They are essentially .zip files)