Botlimit Patch V3.0 (tested up to 300 bots)

I have created a new version of the bot limit extending patch. I've tested it up to 300 bots with minor lag, and 170 bots with no lag problems on my computer.
It requires high single thread performance to run with 170 bots.

The patch is a two part patch due to the need to allocate another memory segment in the executable to store extra data for the AI code. The only changes are to the code and data which reference the original memory addresses, and a bunch of zeros to store the AI code data into. The other part is a replacement console_start.cs which allows using "-botpatch" as an argument to enable the second patch. Please make sure to backup the tribesnext console_start.cs file to another directory before replacing it. It also includes a network patch to improve network throughput for a dedicated server using more bots. Also, there is a slight chance this patch can cause problems with server listings, so please test it and make sure you can still get a server list without crashing. If you cannot, stop the server immediately and reply to this thread. There is also a chance that the server will UE when it would normally stop, like during a server reboot. That has a chance to cause DSO corruption which can be corrected by removing all non-readonly DSOs. By using this patch, you agree to not hold me responsible if it breaks your server, or if anything else happens. (It should not break your server, but if DSOs get corrupted or a file isn't backed up it could temporarily break something.)

Start the dedicated server like: "tribes2bots7.exe -botpatch -dedicated -mod Classic"
You will probably have to manually add bots using another script, or addBots(100); for testing.

Here are the two files:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/s/z8od3k254vn4ycw/console_start.cs

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/s/hyw0saa7e4ijn71/tribes2bots7.exe

Comments

• I have created a new version of the bot limit extending patch. I've tested it up to 300 bots with minor lag, and 170 bots with no lag problems on my computer.
    It requires high single thread performance to run with 170 bots.

The patch is a two part patch due to the need to allocate another memory segment in the executable to store extra data for the AI code. The only changes are to the code and data which reference the original memory addresses, and a bunch of zeros to store the AI code data into. The other part is a replacement console_start.cs which allows using "-botpatch" as an argument to enable the second patch. Please make sure to backup the tribesnext console_start.cs file to another directory before replacing it. It also includes a network patch to improve network throughput for a dedicated server using more bots. Also, there is a slight chance this patch can cause problems with server listings, so please test it and make sure you can still get a server list without crashing. If you cannot, stop the server immediately and reply to this thread. There is also a chance that the server will UE when it would normally stop, like during a server reboot. That has a chance to cause DSO corruption which can be corrected by removing all non-readonly DSOs. By using this patch, you agree to not hold me responsible if it breaks your server, or if anything else happens. (It should not break your server, but if DSOs get corrupted or a file isn't backed up it could temporarily break something.)

Start the dedicated server like: "tribes2bots7.exe -botpatch -dedicated -mod Classic"
    You will probably have to manually add bots using another script, or addBots(100); for testing.

Here are the two files:

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/s/z8od3k254vn4ycw/console_start.cs

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/s/hyw0saa7e4ijn71/tribes2bots7.exe
    Nice work. My computer would probably cry.
  • Pretty damn impressive. I haven't tested it yet but I'm glad you made a very easy method to add so many bots. I'm gonna try that on a big map with lots of bot objectives.
  • your patch making UEs
  • Sorry, I need to fix a bug which causes UEs when going over 170-180 bots. I am no longer hosting the server with the patch until I figure out why the problem happened again.
  • Sorry, I need to fix a bug which causes UEs when going over 170-180 bots. I am no longer hosting the server with the patch until I figure out why the problem happened again.
    no problem i just sad that because i wanted to notify you by the way good luck fixing problem
  • The replacement console_start.cs WILL NOT DOWNLOAD. I would really like this mod, so if anyone has the file at hand, please send it to me!