Auto login parameters?

Configuring a client side server monitor for Tribes IIn and it has auto login parameter input and have tried -login username and password and also -auto-login username and password to no avail.

What would be the proper parameter to use?

It goes to the login screen no problem with correct path to the tribes2.exe file, no problem, just hangs up there and after manual login, it auto joins the correct server...

http://www.serverquery.com

Comments

• I didn't include support for these parameters when bypassing the original login system, both because the TN authentication flow functions significantly differently, and because at the time I didn't expect anyone would use them. If you really wanted to, you could add it into the loginScreens.cs script included in the vl2 fairly easily (just check that the requisite variables are defined and attempt an offline login with t2csri_doLogin when the script loads).
  • I didn't include support for these parameters when bypassing the original login system, both because the TN authentication flow functions significantly differently, and because at the time I didn't expect anyone would use them. If you really wanted to, you could add it into the loginScreens.cs script included in the vl2 fairly easily (just check that the requisite variables are defined and attempt an offline login with t2csri_doLogin when the script loads).

okay, will do later on, it is not really a big deal, just have to manually hit enter and then it goes directly to the correct game server, as it beats, using the maxOG server query, then clicking short cut launcher and then enter to login and then query server and find in list and join it...thanks Krash for responding...hope all is well, with you and all!
  • could you elaborate a little more?

t2csri_doLogin found in loginscreen.cs and was just not sure what needs to be done next :-\
  • The function takes a key name and password as input; you should be able to gather these from the arguments passed to the game shortcut (refer to console_start.cs in the GameData directory). As long as everything has loaded in, running that function with your details at the end of the script execution should allow you to login without manual input.

Alternatively, if you have the option for "Remember password" selected (which requires registry read/write access, so may need the game to be run as an administrator), you could simply run the newLoginProcess(); function to immediately login. An example to check if the last argument passed is "-autologin" and initiate a login might be:
    if ($Game::argv[$Game::argc-1] $= "-autologin")
    {
    	schedule(128, 0, newLoginProcess);
    }

• thanks, I tried to figure it out and could not get it to work, is there a simple way to just modify the console_start.cs to auto login, as that might be more players, if had like 3 second delay, so user could change player name or create an account, if they chose, though simple auto login option toggle on screen be best, to turn on or off... though if can modify the shortcut link or some simple way to autologin be nice, to last login account... as i may be only one use server query to auto join, with vast majority sure all manually having to login.
  • where does this go:
    if ($Game::argv[$Game::argc-1] $= "-autologin")
    {
    	schedule(128, 0, newLoginProcess);
    }

tried numerous locations and files and -autologin does not work

is there a simpler way to just modify the shortcut link, something like this?
    "C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameDa ta\tribes2.exe" -online -login name password -mod Classic