Next with ai?

Server ran ai just fine with the rc1 patch, and now after updating to rc1c the server shows 28 players (in the server browser) out of 14 bots and 20 total available player slots after one person joins and drops, so no one can join when this error occurs. Anyone else noticed any weirdness like that?

Comments

• This is likely an issue with the manner in which Tribes2 manages the player count.
    There is a fix you'll probably have to apply manually (unless a fix is thrown into the next patch)

Open up Server.cs and find GameConnection::onConnect()
    Towards the end, change
    $HostGamePlayerCount++;

to
    $HostGamePlayerCount = ClientGroup.getCount();

Find GameConnection::onDrop()
    Towards the end of the function change
    $HostGamePlayerCount--;

to
    $HostGamePlayerCount = ClientGroup.getCount() - 1;

• Hey cool, thanks!
  • This seems to have fixed a number of issues. Thanks again.
  • Ignore my above post, still doing it. Wonder wtf is going on.
    You can delete it/edit it, you know.
    You can delete it/edit it, you know.
    He could, but then the post wouldn't get bumped and everybody would think the problem was solved.
    Ignore my above post, still doing it. Wonder wtf is going on.
    Post as much information about your server/the bug as you can (Mod, Bot related settings, Screenshots, any scripts you've included, anything you've modified, etc..)
    I'll see if I can replicate and fix this issue in the morning.
  • It's happening on a server I play on sometimes, too.

The server is running version2 with TriCon2. The player count always shows up double than it actually is.
  • Ok so I'm not the only one then. This may be something that will require a new release...
  • OK then, looks like this was an easy fix (though I must say, t2base code sucks!).
    Just download this file (right-click, save as), and drop into your autoexec folder.
  • God bless packages, and those who write them....
  • Should this be applied to all servers or just those with ai?
  • It should really only be an issue on servers with AI, as I haven't noticed any count issues on servers otherwise. Regardless, the fix for this will merged into the next patch update.
  • It should really only be an issue on servers with AI, as I haven't noticed any count issues on servers otherwise. Regardless, the fix for this will merged into the next patch update.

On those servers it would seem that a bot counts for 2 players. However, there are servers with AI exempt to this rule, for instance, the Shifter servers.
  • Shazzzzzbottttttttts. Lol Sorry but I do not see the place they say to place the patch but to be expected am just a novice at all this. Anyhow doubles Bots only issue, clears up after a server reboot for me and doesn't seem to return for several maps played in a row. Using base/version2/tricon2 with a 6 map auto rotaion. I did see many servers on the list with the bot count doubled and they appeared to be base setups. { 16 players with 8 bots and no humans? } { 16 | 8 }. easy to see just check server info and count em
    Thanks
  • Stick it in autoexec.
  • Hey thanks a whole bunch installed and all seems ok now. Untill the next bug LOLLLL ;D
  • Ok I've installed the fix but my server still doubles the bots like just now 8 peeps + 8 bots = 16 but server shows 24 and earlier the extra 8 kept players from being able to join, what else can I try.
    Thanks please mail me if you have time.
    RB :(
  • What exactly did you install into autoexec? Post the code so we can see it please.