LWT M3

http://www.tribaloutpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7016

Thread with download links to LWT Mission 3. This map does not have scripts, bot support, or even proper spawnspheres (you spawn on a forcefield that's placed in mid air_.

Just felt that this bit of hard work and, frankly, interesting level design needs to be revived somehow. I have zero skills or ideas other than try creating a single player mission, even if its something simple (though I'd love to see a horridly complex mission with different phases, pauses, and things you have to do).

Comments

• http://www.tribaloutpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7016

Thread with download links to LWT Mission 3. This map does not have scripts, bot support, or even proper spawnspheres (you spawn on a forcefield that's placed in mid air_.

Just felt that this bit of hard work and, frankly, interesting level design needs to be revived somehow. I have zero skills or ideas other than try creating a single player mission, even if its something simple (though I'd love to see a horridly complex mission with different phases, pauses, and things you have to do).

A single player mission is a great idea, if it gradually gets more and more difficult noobs could use it as a training guide. Perhaps Thyth wouldn't mind including it with the patch download as well. You may be onto something excellent...
  • I'd actually love to see some co-op missions with scripted events.
  • Jimomighty or someone made a co-op mission gametype. I think I still have it. I have to dig around for it, though.
  • Jim did a few missions based around the bioderms, a training mission 6 (could've been ported from ariel assault though), but nothing that I recall as being cooperative.

I'll see if I can get pemento and others from LWT to comment, because as I understand it, making single player missions is hard.
  • Jim did a few missions based around the bioderms, a training mission 6 (could've been ported from ariel assault though), but nothing that I recall as being cooperative.

I'll see if I can get pemento and others from LWT to comment, because as I understand it, making single player missions is hard.
    As your your "nothing cooperative" bit, here it is: http://t2.jimomighty.com/agents/ :P
  • we should do some missions that are defense against waves a la hero survival in warcraft 3.
  • the question now is 'if permission is granted, is anyone interested in stepping up that can do more than talk?' no offense, as i like the cool ideas, but does anyone here have any sort of scripting skills needed to do this?
  • I can script. I'm caught up in a lot of different scripting projects, though.
  • Appologies. I simply didn't know if, like myself, you were simply enthusiastic, but didn't have the skills.

I'll happily playtest whatever happens.

Still need to talk to Pimento.
  • I understand the syntax of torquescript, but I don't know many of the callbacks and Tribes 2 scripting API very well.