Hosting a server

How do i host a server in tribes next? is it the same? or is there some modification that hast to be done. I played around with it yesterday and was able to host it on the tc-alternative server. But not under tribes next, all i see is construction servers.

Comments

• According to the stickied threads above, I don't think you can host listen servers yet. You have to host dedicated.
  • Oops, i left that detail out i was trying to host a dedicated server. But i guess its still all being tested.
  • You can host. Try to do it the regular way.
  • When i run it the regular way it shows up on the alternate master server list but not the tribes next server list. But maybe that there is disabled for now, so only the few selected servers are able to be viewed on the tribes next server list.
  • Get Rid of TCMS.vl2 and change the shortcut arguments to: "-online -dedicated"

Also, unpatch ur Tribes2.exe

open cmd,
    cd C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData
    t2lanpatch.exe unpatch tribes2.exe
  • Get Rid of TCMS.vl2 and change the shortcut arguments to: "-online -dedicated"

Also, unpatch ur Tribes2.exe

open cmd,
    cd C:\Dynamix\Tribes2\GameData
    t2lanpatch.exe unpatch tribes2.exe
    Um... excuse me?

Remove TCMS.vl2, but DO NOT, I repeat: DO NOT, unpatch your game.
  • I think Signal360 meant to unpatch the LAN patch you wrote earlier.
  • I know what he meant, and I say again: DO NOT perform that operation.
  • I did a fresh install of tribes 2 with patch and im having the same problem. Its not my firewall i have port 28000 port forwarded on my router and in xp. I'm trying to host a classic dedicated server (I'm using the batch file that's in gamedata).
  • I can better help you if you can outline to me specifically what operations you ran through, and tell me any error messages you see.
    A screenshot of the dedicated console after it's finished loading will be helpful too.
  • there i have the server up tell me if u can see it the name is roadkills server
    • Console.jpg
  • It is up, though passworded.
  • OK thanks it must have something to do with me being on the same network then, is prob why i cant see it. Well as long as u can see it.