Random Player Disconnects

edited March 2009 in Server Support
Ok, I've been having a problem in my C&C Server Lately.

People are being randomly disconnected. At first I thought it was because they had an older version of the patch. However, I am not disconnected, nor are a few other players. I started to look into this, and then I found this little thing out, and this may be the problem. I attached a Screenshot of my server console.

EDIT:

I have read the Random Kicking thread, tried turning off CRCTextures, but players are still being randomly disconnected.
  • errorz.JPG

Comments

• I would look into the tecmfix script that is showing the error, but you should post the console when a client gets dropped.
  • TECM Fix script has never affected my server before. I could host TWM just fine, and nobody was being disconnected.

I have not hosted TWM since I grabbed the newest version of the patch, which is why I think that error in my console window is the problem.
  • DMZ your server.
  • Have you tried port fordwarding?
  • Have you DMZ'd your server yet?
  • DMZ your server.
  • Have you tried DMZing your server?
  • What is DMZ?
  • I have heard the DMZing the server can help.

Just ask the Koreans. All the Koreans are doing it.
  • yeah, korea wrote the book on dmz
  • Enough with the DMZ Comments...

Here is what I've Done:

1) DMZ the Server (Did NOTHING, but open up security on my server (nice try whoever tried to hack me last night))
    2) Re-Patched
    3) Ran Base
    4) Re-Installed Tribes
    5) Port Forwarded Additional ports (29001)
    6) Turned Off CRC Textures

None of those work, I still have those messages appearing

I think one of these two things are occurring, I don't want any ignorant comments on these issues either:

1) There may be an error in the patch
    2) Someone is messing with the TN Auth server

Now my reason for #2, Well I joined the IRC server last night with this same question. Shane bored me with ignorance so I just left after a while, But DudeBot said he was DMZing and then Un-DMZing my server which is impossible, BUT, whenever he said he DMZed my server, it "mysteriously" worked, and then when he said he unDMZed it, it sent me those errors again.

So, yeah, Either that was just a random coincidence, or DudeBot somehow hacked into the TN Server and is messing with my server for some ignorant reason.

Like I said before, I have nothing against anyone, nor, Do I want any ignorance against me for saying that, this is only what I believe to be true.
  • Alright, I found the problem, And It's not #2, so My Apology for accusing that dudebot.

Thyth, your patch has a bug somewhere. I found that out by downgrading to rc1d, and then running my server. It works fine on rc1d, It said server added to list once like it is supposed to, and then received heartbeats normally.
  • What is DMZ?
    DMZ= DragonBall Z!
  • What is DMZ?
    DMZ= DragonBall Z!
    It's DBZ, you fruitcake.
    Alright, I found the problem, And It's not #2, so My Apology for accusing that dudebot.

Thyth, your patch has a bug somewhere. I found that out by downgrading to rc1d, and then running my server. It works fine on rc1d, It said server added to list once like it is supposed to, and then received heartbeats normally.
    Krash did most of the major updating for RC1e, I think. You might want to catch him on IRC or something, because he hasn't been on the forums lately.
  • I run a base with ai server and a ultra ren server both, and have no issues with the latest or previous patches. Also, if one runs their server in a dmz, one needs to set a firewall in their server with appropriate ports and protocols.
  • I get that alot too. That message on console.
  • edited March 2009
    Phantom, your sig humors me.
    Beta Tested Tribes Next
    Already have the game? Apply this patch to restore online functionality.
    Please note that this is a BETA release, and report any bugs to our forums.

Just an FYI, anyone playing it right now is beta testing.
    ..., or DudeBot somehow hacked into the TN Server and is messing with my server for some ignorant reason.

You're absolutely right, DudeBot is to blame.

Retard.
  • Alright, alright. I'll come clean.

I stole the cookie from the cookie jar.
  • Alright, alright. I'll come clean.
    I stole the cookie from the cookie jar.

I knew it.
  • Phantom, your sig humors me.
    Beta Tested Tribes Next
    He got all hyped up because everyone on the #Tribes IRC server got to test out TribesNext before it actually went public.
  • Keen, I have to admit I love it when you jump in to a random thread and just post random stuff. It's funny.
  • Phantom, your sig humors me.
    Beta Tested Tribes Next
    He got all hyped up because everyone on the #Tribes IRC server got to test out TribesNext before it actually went public.
    I never would have guessed Phantom was a short angry guy...
  • DID YOU DMZ YOUR SERVER