ninja mod test server is up

its up and running, hopefully we'll have a 40-50 man server at the end of this month.
btw anyone have tricon2 admin ?

Comments

• So far i been in contact with 11 old ninja mod players, told them about t2 , they are down loading t2 as i type.

217.146.86.100 thats the server ip hosting address for the perm server so you guys can see how you ping.
  • Jus gettin it meself...

Oh this is _APEX_
  • I never played, joined the forums after it died tho....
    played renegades for a while...
    good to hear its back!
  • omg what up guys! long time no see! Is this server up? you guys have to message me when its up. oh btw Im going to drag Agermoth with me
  • cool, the test server is sometimes up, getting the main server up soon, if any one triqon2 ver3 could you please pm me.
    Test your pings on the 50p server.co.uk, because thats what we'll be using, if everything works out well i'll see about a torny server for ladder games.
  • Tried running a NinjaMod server last night but doesnt seem to be working, its just playing a classic server.

I installed the NinjaMod 6.3 Beta and run the Dedicated Server then connected to it(was classic). Then tried the Non-Dedicated and connected(still classic). Any ideas Crash?

If I can get this sorted I will host from my work and see what we can get. Should be fine for a 16 player game perfect for a ladder...
  • no problem get the files ready
  • All ready...

Tried again a few times still cannot get it workin. Only runs classic...
  • Delete all DSOs in your base folder. Ninja mod I think is a DSO mod, so, don't bother deleting DSOs from there.
  • Done that mate...

Even reinstalled Tribes and NinjaMod(to a dif directory, C:\Program Files(x86)\Dynamix\Tribes2 was then first used standard C:\Dynamix\Tribes2) no joy...

I ran the DSO removal tool and searched for all and removed them...
  • Just checking if this the newest version of Tribes 2 or is it the version before because NinjaMod wont run on the latest patch from Dynamix :s
  • Are you running the shortcuts provided with the mod?
  • edited March 2009
    Yeah...

Just throught I will change the shortcut the patch installs see if that works. Only thing is when I host it I can see the server and its ruleset is NinjaMOD but its just classic. Have logged on to other mods and played them fine.

Quick question has anyone managed to get this running yet? As I hav just noticed the game is version 25034.0.0, which if I remember correctly was the latest patch from Dynamix, which killed ths mod :P
  • edited March 2009
    Yeah...

Just throught I will change the shortcut the patch installs see if that works. Only thing is when I host it I can see the server and its ruleset is NinjaMOD but its just classic. Have logged on to other mods and played them fine.

Quick question has anyone managed to get this running yet? As I hav just noticed the game is version 25034.0.0, which if I remember correctly was the latest patch from Dynamix, which killed ths mod :P
    get on msn for a chat and to sort out the server been a bit busy this few days.
  • Win! NinjamodNinjamodNinjamod ^_^
  • Well I know know NinjaMod aint gonna work, unless someone has a special version :P

Anyways I have been working on Ninja-X. I am changing it so it is as close to NinjaMod as I can get it.

Main things left to do;
    Alter the Interceptor so its guns are like NinjaMod.
    Alter Shrike so its missiles are like NinjaMod.
    Add speedbooster to Assault
    Make the Defender Armour(bottom of list).

I have made various other changes to Ninja-X Beta 4.1 and I have Ninja-X Beta 4.1.1 ready.

This was created by the old players of NinjaMod(mainly by Mosfos and Rambo's Revenge). If anyone wants to help let me know and I will assign you some jobs, but mainly we need to test and try and remember what the differences are so we can get it back.
  • I think I just messed myself getting so happy Ninja mod is back!

I've played it as long as I played Tribes 2...in fact its the only way I played tribes 2!!!

Where can I snag the files for ninjamod (client side), and how goes the uppage of the perma server?
  • Anyone? Beuler?
  • Blah. Where did the Ninjamod team go?
    Are there any dev sites up for it yet?
    I haven't seen the server up for it yet...running into issues?

Just wondering..long time, HUGE, fan...
  • Worst part is that I lost the source a year or so back in a massive catastrophic drive failure, and didn't think much of it since I doubted anyone would be wanting to play it again.

Absolutely sucks.

I don't have the time or will to recreate everything I made before from scratch, but, if someone else is working on it, and they need any help or advice on how anything was done originally, then I am free and available for consultation purposes.

Drop me a line if you need a hand~
  • i have the mod but the pred becon dont work and ive been short of cash, so i cant yet afford a server, unless i can find others willing to chip in.
  • Hey EvilCheese and CrashUK!

So do you have the stuff working with the Tribesnext patch and all or just the original T2 sans the patches to the latest?

I could host a T2 server.
    I have comcast for an isp and its speedy so I am sure I could do it for at least like 24 if not 32 peeps!

Server specs are:
    AMD XP 2000+
    1.5gb ram
    dual 10-100's
    ~400gb storage in raid setup

Older machine but stilll...I could always host it off my desktop box during the day too, or the linux box I have (linux box is AMD XP 1.6ghz or so, 756 ram, plenty of space).

Desktop machine is:
    AMD X2 (x64bit) 2.1ghz
    4gb ram
    500gb SATA
    Geforce 8600 GT
    gigabit connection
    Vista x64 home premium
    dual monitors
    Mmmmm

Just let me know :-D
  • i have the original version, the only thing that does work it the pred becon but everything else is fine.
  • No way to convert the old to the new?
  • hey guys. i was thinking about t2 ninjamod today and stumbled upon this site and wow, was I happy. I'd be willing to chip in for a ninjamod server for sure. Also, any updates on how this is coming along?
  • edited June 2009
    Holy crap. I've been waiting for this day since that stupid patch killed Ninja! Skyshroud as well, he'll wet himself when he hears that you guys are trying to bring it back.

I putzed around trying to mod Unreal 2k4 (and more recently was starting to work on Unreal 3) to recreate Ninja, but I'm just not much of a programmer. I'll help anyway I can, let me know where you guys stand with everything. I might be able to host a small server on my broadband pipe, even if just for dev etc.
  • Make sure to include the same bug that allows me to make a virtually unlimited clone army too! ;)

P.S. Remember that you don't gotta make it EXACTLY the same... just close enough will work for now ... but don't even go near the post patch Ninja mod they tried to make (you know, where you could teleport through absolutely ANYTHING ... bleh ... -_-').

P.P.S. Mods are what made Tribes 2 great ... You CAN'T tell me you didn't get bored of the normal stuff, or at least the inadequacies, at SOME point. Why do you think Tribes 2 pretty much fell after that last patch...

The only way to revive Tribes 2 is to build up from the ashes... remake the old mods, and make even newer and better mods. Mods are one of the things that really sustained Tribes 2 for so long. Expand to survive or be eaten alive!
  • Crash or EvilCheese I have a slightly updated version of Ninja-X I have been working on an off with its about 80% like old from what I remember and just needs a couple a major changes/fixes (extra armours and fixing the beacons on a couple) but mostly minor changes/fixes to balance and fix weapons (examples: incendary mortar damage stays for the rest of the game even when flame has gone and same for shock fields)...

I am a server an desktop support engineer and so my programing is limited...

If ya both still checking the site send me a PM if ya still wanna help, the version is good enough to run as well if people want to host it until its 99% done then I will sort a perminant server...
  • I'm all over that - I'll host a server, I've got decent hardware available. Can you get me the files? I can probably have it up this weekend.
  • i have the mod if you want it.