Advice

Im a relitvly good player but has anyone seen me in combat i do a coupple diff things (Depending on the map) Shrike, Juggie defence or offence, Cloaker, Sniper, Bomber andflag capper but has anyone seen me what would my strengh be cause id like to focas in that area P.S weekdays usally im on Goons haven from 3-5:30 EST so any help/pointers/training from a pro in anyone of those skills would be appreaciated :) thx

Comments

• You could be a generally all-around person like myself. I can take on any role and perform it at least decently.
  • I would suggest you do a few things.

The first is, pick one position and focus on it for awhile. Maybe the same with a certain weapon/loadout/pack.

The second is to watch demos of good players in the same positions and see what they do.

The third is to record your matches and watch the good and bad ones. Note what you do that is good and note the things that cause you to have a bad game.
  • I am planning on killing you and local taunting your body.
  • TerrorToes =D
  • I'm on really at entirely random time frames, but I'm usually on Goon haven and if you see me there, say something about it I'll give you some pointers on being a sniper.
  • also, if you really want to get better play on branzone servers and look for a team on www.teamwarfare.com
  • You'd be far better off just playing however you enjoy most rather than trying to be "good" at the game.
  • Btw, are you Purple instead of Purpleduck on T2? I may have seen you a time or two.
  • You'd be far better off just playing however you enjoy most rather than trying to be "good" at the game.
    It's a simple fact of life that the better you are at something, the more fun you can have doing it.
    It's a simple fact of life that the better you are at something, the more fun you can have doing it.

That may be true for things of a competitive nature but I wouldn't say it's a fact of life. If I dedicated time to becoming a more skilled mechanic, a better dancer, or a better roller-skater I would probably enjoy them less. This is the case with most things in life.
  • edited March 2009
    You'd be far better off just playing however you enjoy most rather than trying to be "good" at the game.

I have more fun learning something then being good at it. I enjoyed learning to solve the Rubik's cube quite a bit, and now that I know how to solve it, I don't have fun with it any more.

Remember what we said about the difference between fact and opinion? Next time you want to claim something as "fact", take a moment to think about it. Ask yourself, "Can this be proven via empirical evidence?". If the answer is "no", it is not fact.

*edited out*
    Sounded like good advice to me.
  • Actually, just save yourself some time and embarrassment, and assume that anything you think is fact is not fact.
    Let's not be hostile, please. Stay on-topic!
  • I like to do all things, but my favorites are shriking and flag grabbing... I usually end up trying new things depending on the map.